How to use the speech recognition tool?
ERN-EYE Exchange Programme
Purpose of this program
Knowledge sharing and stimulating collaboration between health care professionals in European Reference Networks (ERN) is the aim of the ERN Exchange Programme 2021-2022, funded by the European Commission.
In the coming two years, three editions of exchanges will take place.
The first edition will start in March 2021. Ecorys Ltd will support all European Reference Networks with the design and logistics of the Exchange Programme of the European Commission.
Content of the visits
The exchange programme is meant to meet goals and strengthen capacity on the network level. It is not meant for research nor for individual development (though this may be a secondary effect of the exchange programme). The thematic scope includes medical practice and skills but also organisational aspects of a network. These goals and priorities include:
- geographical scope (priority countries/HCP’s, equal distribution over countries);
- professional groups (medical specialists, nursing staff, lab staff, others);
- thematic coverage (clinical aspects, psychosocial support, organisational strengthening)
The exchange visits will be organised in 3 editions, from March-July 2021, September 2021-February 2022 and March-July 2022.
- Call for hosts: 1st March-15th March
- Call for trainees: 16th March-31st March, 1st August-31st August, 1st February-28th February
- Review process: From 31st March on a regular basis
- Results: From March on a regular basis
- Starting date for short exchanges : March-July 2021, September 2021-February 2022 and March-July 2022.
- Applicants are employees in one of ERN-EYE full members
- The host center should be a full member of ERN-EYE
- This exchange program is not a way to attend courses, symposia, meetings or congresses
- This exchange program is on stand-alone, one time basis
- This exchange program cannot be used to prolong other exchange program funded by other organization or program
All applications will be evaluated by a scientific & medical committee, named by the coordinating committee. The proposals will be evaluated on the soundness of the added value for the trainee and the host in the field of rare eye diseases.
Costs and compensation
Ecorys will organise and manage travel arrangements, and provide administrative support for travels, including the provision of tickets, travel insurance and an information kit. Beneficiaries (visitors) will receive an allowance of 200 euro per working day at destination to cover costs of accommodation, food and local transport. Weekend days are not included. Visitors are expected to book their accommodation. Allowances will be wired as lump sum on the first day of the exchange visit, upon confirmation of arrival by the hosting HCP.
Short exchange report
If awarded, the trainee engages himself/herself to produce a short report (2 pages) on his/her activities during the exchange program 3 months after his/her return and to present the matter of the exchange briefly during an ERN-EYE meeting if required.
This ERN is supported by: