How to use the speech recognition tool?
In 2011, the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union adopted a Directive that aims to establish rules for facilitating access to safe and high-quality cross-border healthcare in the Union and to ensure patient mobility.
1) What is cross-border healthcare ?
EU citizens can access to healthcare outside their home Member State. A cross-border health service is given, if the person receiving the treatment is outside of his or her home Member State or the service is delivered across borders within the European Union (telemedicine, remote diagnosis).
2) How is cross-border healthcare regulated by the European Union?
In March 2011, a Directive was adopted by the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union: Directive 2011/24 on the application of patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare.
This directive regulates the access of EU citizens to healthcare outside their home Member State : patients’ rights, the modalities and the financing of receiving health treatment abroad.
3) What can ERN-EYE provide to facilitate cross-border care?
To facilitate cross-border care, ERN-EYE can provide 3 services:
- General Information about cross-border care for patients
- Expert clinical advice through the CPMS
- Easy access to contact the centers
4) ERN-EYE Recommendations for cross-border care under Directive 2011/24/EU
General information about cross-border care for patients
Visit the "Your Europe Healthcare" page to find more information about planned healthcare, unplanned healthcare and prescription medicine for when you are travelling.
2) Leaflets available
2 useful leaflets are available : Manual for patients and Frequently Asked Questions.
This ERN is supported by: